Because we have the right tool for every job. Since the mid ‘50s Nupla Corporation has been one of the most respected U.S. tool companies pioneering the use of pultruded fiberglass handles to make the strongest, safest striking and digging tools in the industry. Today, the range of Nuplaglas® fiberglass handled tools and replacement handles covers over 1000 safety-conscious, ergonomic hand tool products used in every conceivable industry. According to a Natick Laboratories testing program for the U.S. Military in the early 60s, 98% of tool failures are due to wooden handle failure. Nupla’s commitment is to make the strongest and safest fiberglass-handled tools available.
Some of the unique, innovative, and patented processes used in the production of Nuplaglas handles are:
- TCPRF pultrusion: Method and process of pultruding millions of continuous, parallel glass fibers and curing them under exacting tension in a thermosetting process.
- Integral Rebar: Short lengths of solid fiberglass incorporated at critical stress points in the handle pultrusion process assure superior reinforcement while providing optimum strength-to-weight ratio. The patent is used in Nupla’s digging tool handles.
- Solid Hydraulic: Design used in the manufacture of digging tool handles. It features a hollow core construction with sections of solid fiberglass at critical stress points for reduced tool weight and superior strength-to-weight ratio.
- Heat Drive: Method of permanent attachment using heat to drive tanged tools, such as rakes, into Nuplaglas handles.
- Impax® Power Drive®: Hammers use Nupla’s unique Smart Hammer Technology® for producing the best surface protective, non-marring, dead blow hammers in the industry. Shot loaded hammer heads made from a specially engineered material eliminate rebound and vibration which cause user fatigue, at the same time significantly reducing repetitive motion injury. Hammers are used with interchangeable striking faces. Nupla has the industry’s widest range of striking faces in materials from super soft to extra hard, plus brass and steel.
- Mech/Loc®: This patented invention features a Nuplaglas replacement handle to which the Mech/Loc (an engineering composite) is molded. The revolutionary twin-wedge design allows quick, easy, and safe assembly of handle to hammer head using no epoxy bond. Ideal for fast handle replacements while eliminating the mess caused by epoxy bonding and downtime for curing. TCPRF pultrusion: Method and process of pultruding millions of continuous, parallel glass fibers and curing them under exacting tension in a thermosetting process.
Why the NUPLA Stripe?
Because we’ve earned it.
Nupla invented fiberglass tool handles. The powerful color combination of yellow and black is our trademark and we do not sacrifice quality to save a penny. We introduced The Stripe in all our fiberglass handles to identify genuine Nupla products. Get The Stripe™ and with it, the best tools in the industry.